Career opportunity knocks as the need for project talent continues to grow. Research indicates that employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year through 2027. This means skilled project managers will be in high demand. Wherever you are in your career, the globally-recognized Project Management Professional (PMP) certification tells employers, peers, and the world you know what you’re doing in project management.
If you are taking this course, you probably have some professional exposure to the duties of a project manager, or you may be considering embarking on a career in professional project management. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
As a Premier PMI® Authorized Training Partner, Rumos delivers this PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep course specifically designed to provide you with the proven, practical body of project management knowledge and skills needed to demonstrate project management mastery on the job. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
Each student will receive:
- PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Digital Courseware via the pmi.org integrated PMI® Choice Platform that includes a mapping of course content to the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Examination Content Outline
- Access to:
- Digital Manual
- Practice test
- Project Manager Checklist
- Online training videos
About the Exam
The new version of the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam launched on 2 January 2021. The exam focus on three new domains:
- People– emphasizing the skills and activities associated with effectively leading a project team
- Process – reinforcing the technical aspects of managing a project
- Business Environment – highlighting the connection between projects and organization strategy
Content that spans the value delivery spectrum, including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches, will be included across the three exam domains.
The new exam is comprised of:
- 180 questions (the previous exam was 200) but the same number of questions will be scored
- 230 minutes to complete the exam
- One additional break for a total of two 10-minute breaks for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.
- Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank.