This MySQL for Developers training teaches developers how to plan, design and implement applications using MySQL. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you through realistic examples, interactive instruction and hands-on exercises using Java and PHP languages.
- Use client programs and options.
- Access the database from program code.
- Build “NoSQL” applications.
- Write effective queries and stored routines.
- Inspect database metadata.
- Respond to database events with triggers.
- Handle errors and exceptions.
- Optimize SQL statements.
- Describe the MySQL client/server architecture
- Use MySQL client programs and common options
- Program MySQL applications with Java and PHP connectors
- Use a “NoSQL” approach to store and retrieve data
- Design efficient tables
- Create and delete database objects
- Use expressions in SQL statements
- Examine database metadata
- Use SQL statements to modify table data
- Maintain database integrity with transactions
- Write multiple table queries
- Create “virtual tables” containing specific data
- Create user-defined variables, prepared statements, and stored routines
- Create and manage triggers
- Identify and deal with errors and exceptions in client programs
- Write queries that are fast and effective, even under heavy loads