This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
Course content summary
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to implement Puppet in an operations or cloud computing environment. Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Compose Puppet manifests using a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Author Puppet modules for deployment and configuration of network services.
- Implement Puppet master and client nodes.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage system configuration using Puppet.