Cloud computing is not just a technology, but also a new model for organizing, contracting and delivering information technology systems. This model has great potential for benefits but also new risks. Professional Cloud Technology Associate starts with proper definitions of cloud computing and virtualization, and explains the benefits and applications. Technology is explained, but mostly in a vendor neutral way. A lab activity is included which enables participants to understand the cloud in a practical manner. Besides, the course is contemporary with the inclusion of latest cloud technologies and applications.
Subsequently, the risks of cloud computing are pointed out as well as ways of managing these risks. In the final part of the course the process of making choices in the adoption process of cloud is explained and cloud service management is broken down into details.
The course is an excellent way to prepare professionals who are considering cloud computing in their organizations.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and virtualization including business benefits of cloud computing and technical aspects (high-level) of virtualization.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the characteristics of cloud applications.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Understand cloud security and identify the risks involved in cloud computing as well as the risk mitigation measures.
- Understand the factors involved for implementation of different cloud models.
It is recommended that participants have:
- 6+ months of experience in Internet/web technologies,
- Some basic knowledge of storage and network technologies (preferred).
- Introduction to the Cloud Business Model
- Introduction to Virtualization – the Backbone Technology of Cloud Computing
- Overview of Cloud Technologies and Applications
- Cloud Security, Risk and Governance
- Preparing for Cloud Adoption
- Cloud Service Management
- Exam Preparation Guide
Introduction to the Cloud Business Model
- Review Traditional Computing Challenges and Concerns
- Cloud Computing Concept, History, and Definitions
- Cloud Computing Benefits and Challenges, Best and Least Suited Application Profiles and APIs
- Cloud Reference Architecture and Common Terminologies
Introduction to Virtualization – the Backbone Technology of Cloud Computing
- Virtualization: Definition, Concepts, History, and Relationship to Cloud Computing
- Virtualization: Benefits, Challenges, Risks, and Suitability to Organizations
- Hypervisor: Role and Purpose in Virtualization and the Various Hypervisor Types
- Virtualization: Terminologies and the different Types of Virtualization
Overview of Cloud Technologies and Applications
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and MDM + EMM
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Big Data, Analytics, NoSQL, NewSQL, HTML5
Cloud Security, Risk and Governance
- Risk and Governance Definitions
- Impact of Cloud Essential Characteristics
- Impact of Cloud Service Models
- Impact of Cloud Deployment Models
- Risk Management and Governance
Preparing for Cloud Adoption
- Cloud Strategy and Roadmap Preparation
- Solution Architectures: For Various Services, Deployment Models, and Organizational Capabilities
- Cloud Service Provider, SLA, and Cloud Migration
- Cloud Governance and Risk
Cloud Service Management
- Cloud Service Management (CSM) Overview: Definition, Architecture, Lifecycle, Actors
- CSM: Business Support
- CSM: Provisioning / Configuration
- CSM: Portability / Interoperability
Exam Preparation Guide