This is a foundation level course designed to provide you with an understanding of Big Data, the potential sources of Big Data that can be used for solving real business problems, and overview of Data Mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamental course with practical exercises designed to provide you with some degree of hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through our Work-Labs. The course exposes you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
After completing the course, you will be equipped not only with fundamental Big Data knowledge, but will also be introduced to a working development environment containing Hadoop and MongoDB, installed by yourself. This practical knowledge can be used as a starting point in the organizational Big Data journey.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Big Data fundamentals Big Data technologies Big Data governance
- Available sources of Big Data
- Data Mining, its concepts and some of the tools used for Data Mining
- Hadoop, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind MapReduce, and how Hadoop can be used in real life scenarios
- MongoDB, including its concepts, how to install and configure it, the concepts behind document databases and how MongoDB can be used in real life scenarios