Implement an architecture for an online concert ticket vendor to handle spikes in traffic built on top of Service Fabric and apply smooth updates or roll back failing updates.
Students will be better able to implement scale and resiliency with Service Fabric. Students will also learn how to:
- Enable Serverless solutions with Azure Functions,
- Control API access with API Management,
- Provide query flexibility with Cosmos DB.
Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design.
- Whiteboard Design Session – Microservices & Serverless Architecture
- Hackathon – Microservices & Serverless Architecture (Developer Edition)
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Microservices & Serverless Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon – Microservices & Serverless Architecture (Developer Edition)
- Before the Hackathon
- Environment setup
- Implementing the Service Fabric solution
- Placing ticket orders
- Publish the Service Fabric Application
- API Management
- Configure and publish the web application