This course is geared towards preparing students for the brand new SharePoint developer certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): SharePoint Applications certification.
20489: Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Advanced Solutions
Candidates for this exam typically are technical leads with at least four years of SharePoint and web development experience. The candidates are responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments.
- Design and Implement Search
- Implement BCS (Business Connectivity Services)
- Implement User Profiles and Customize Social Workload
- Implement ECM (Enterprise Content Management) and WCM (Web Content Management)
- Design for Performance and Troubleshooting
- Implement Managed Metadata Service (MMS)
Design and Implement Search
- Query Search.
- Customize search results.
- Customize content processing.
Implement BCS (Business Connectivity Services)
- Create a model.
- Create external content types.
- Implement authorization and authentication.
- Create custom connectors.
- Access BCS data.
- Implement client-side BCS.
Implement User Profiles and Customize Social Workload
- Manage user profile properties.
- Manage feeds.
- Access user profile data.
Implement ECM (Enterprise Content Management) and WCM (Web Content Management)
- Implement a multi-lingual site.
- Implement E-discovery.
- Implement SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Implement content management.
- Implement a publishing page.
Design for Performance and Troubleshooting
- Design solutions to handle a high-traffic site.
- Design client applications for performance.
- Monitor and mitigate performance and scalability issues.
Implement Managed Metadata Service (MMS)
- Manage term sets.
- Create solutions by using MMS.
- Use an MMS API.