SharePoint as a Developer Platform This module examines different approaches that can be used to develop applications with SharePoint Server 2013 the scenarios in which each approach might be appropriate.
- Lessons Introducing the SharePoint Developer Landscape Choosing Approaches to SharePoint Development Understanding SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Execution Models
- Lab : Comparing Web Parts and App Parts Creating and Deploying a SharePoint Web Part Creating and Deploying a SharePoint App Part
Working with SharePoint Objects This module introduces the server-side SharePoint object model and how the core classes relate to sites and collections. The server-side SharePoint object model provides a core set of classes that represent different items in the logical architecture of a SharePoint deployment. Students also learn how manage permissions for server-side code.
- Lessons Understanding the SharePoint Object Hierarchy Working with Sites and Webs Working with Execution Contexts
- Lab : Working with Sites and Webs Working with Sites and Webs in Managed Code Working with Sites and Webs in Windows PowerShell.
- Lab : Working with Execution Contexts Running Code with Elevated Privileges Adapting Content for Different User Permissions
Working with Lists and Libraries This module explains how to interact with lists and libraries. Students learn about how to work with lists and libraries programmatically using the server-side SharePoint object model and how to use query classes and LINQ to SharePoint to query and retrieve data from SharePoint lists. Student also learn how to efficiently work with lists that contain large numbers of items.
- Lessons Using List and Library Objects Querying and Retrieving List Data Working with Large Lists
- Lab : Querying and Retrieving List Data Querying List Items Updating List Items
- Lab : Working with Large Lists Using the ContentIterator Class
Designing and Managing Features and Solutions This module examines creating and deploying custom Developing a SharePoint solutions and features. The students also learn how and when to use sandbox solutions.
- Lessons Working with Features Deploying Solutions Working with Sandboxed Solutions
- Lab : Working with Farm Solutions Create a Farm Solution Create a Feature Upgrade a Solution
- Lab : Working with Sandboxed Solutions Create a Solution Validator
Working with Server-Side Code This module describes how to develop and deploy Web Parts and event receivers in a solution.
- Lessons Developing Web Parts Using Event Receivers Using Timer Jobs Storing Configuration Data
- Lab : Working with Server-Side Code Developing an Event Receiver Updating a Web Part Creating a Timer Job
Managing Identity and Permissions This module describes how manage permissions through code and customize authentication using custom claims providers.
- Lessons Understanding Identity Management in SharePoint 2013 Managing Permissions in SharePoint 2013 Configuring Forms-Based Authentication Customizing the Authentication Experience
- Lab : Managing Permissions Programmatically in SharePoint 2013 Managing List Permissions Programmatically
- Lab : Creating and Deploying a Custom Claims Provider Creating a Custom Claims Provider Supporting Search and Resolve in a Claims Provider Deploying and Testing a Claims Provider
Managing Custom Components and Site Lifecycles This module discusses planning and organizing sites and lists. The students also learn how to create custom component definitions and templates.
- Lessons Component Overview Defining Custom Lists Defining Custom Sites Managing SharePoint Sites
- Lab : Managing Custom Components and Site Lifecycles Creating a Site Definition Creating a List Definition Developing an Event Receiver
Introducing Apps for SharePoint This module introduces the SharePoint App, a new way to customize SharePoint functionality with SharePoint Server 2013.
- Lessons Overview of Apps for SharePoint Developing Apps for SharePoint
- Lab : Creating a Site Suggestions App Creating a New SharePoint App Using the Client-Side Object Model
Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps This module examines the difference between provider hosted Apps and Remote Hosted Apps. The students will also create and deploy a Provider Hosted App.
- Lessons Overview of Remote Hosted Apps Configuring Remote Hosted Apps Developing Remote Hosted Apps
- Lab : Configuring a Provider Hosted SharePoint App Configuring An Server to Server Trust Relationship Creating a Provider Hosted App
- Lab : Developing a Provider Hosted SharePoint App Working with SharePoint Data Using the Chrome Control
Publishing and Distributing Apps This module introduces the App Catalog so users to locate, purchase, and install apps easily. The students learn how to package and publish Apps to the App Catalog.
- Lessons Understanding the App Management Architecture Understanding App Packages Publishing Apps Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps
- Lab : Publishing an App to a Corporate Catalog Creating an App Catalog Creating an App Package Publishing an App Package
- Lab : Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps Installing an App Upgrading an App Removing an App
Automating Business Processes This module explains how to create workflows and workflow actions using Visio 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Lessons Understanding Workflow in SharePoint 2013 Building Workflows by using Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013 Developing Workflows in Visual Studio 2012
- Lab : Building Workflows in Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013 Creating Workflows by Using Visio Editing Workflows by Using SharePoint Designer
- Lab : Creating Workflow Actions in Visual Studio 2012 Creating Custom Workflow Actions Using a Custom Workflow in SharePoint Designer
Managing Taxonomy This module explains the importance of a good taxonomy in SharePoint and working with the components of the taxonomy. The students also see how to tie event receivers to the taxonomy.
- Lessons Managing Taxonomy in SharePoint 2013 Working with Content Types Working with Advanced Features of Content Types
- Lab : Working with Content Types Create a System to Capture Vacation Requests
- Lab : Working with Advanced Features of Content Types Creating an Event Receiver Assembly Registering an Event Receiver with a Site Content Type
Customizing User Interface Elements This module explains different ways of customizing the SharePoint user interface, such as adding buttons to the ribbon or modifying the appearance of list views.
- Lessons Working with Custom Actions Using Client-Side User Interface Components Customizing the SharePoint List User Interface
- Lab : Using the Edit Control Block to Launch an App Configuring an App to Display Customer Orders Use a Custom Action to Launch an App
- Lab : Using jQuery to Customize the SharePoint List User Interface Creating a Custom List View
- Lessons Creating and Applying Themes Branding and Designing Publishing Sites Tailoring Content to Platforms and Devices Configuring and Customizing Navigation
- Lab : Branding and Designing Publishing Sites Creating SharePoint Master Pages Building Master Page Functionality Publishing and Applying Design Assets
- Lab : Configuring Farm-Wide Navigation Creating a Custom Site Map Provider