Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment Options This module describes the enterprise desktop lifecycle and explains how you can assess hardware and infrastructure readiness. The module then describes how to identify and select the most appropriate deployment option based upon organizational requirements.
- Lessons Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness Overview of Enterprise Desktop Deployment Methods Volume Activation Technologies for Enterprise Desktops
- Lab : Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment Options Planning a Desktop Deployment Strategy Collecting Infrastructure Data Implementing a Volume Activation Solution
Planning An Image Management Strategy This modules describes Windows image formats and helps you to define an efficient image management strategy based upon business requirements.
- Lessons Overview of Windows Image Format Overview of Image Management
- Lab : Planning an Image Management Strategy Assessing Business Requirements to Support an Image Management Strategy
Implementing Desktop Security This module describes how to deploy and manage a secure desktop by implementing centralized policies, BitLocker settings, and Encrypted File System (EFS) settings.
- Lessons Implementing a Centralized Desktop Security Solution Planning and Implementing BitLocker Planning and Implementing EFS
- Lab : Configuring Desktop Security Configuring Desktop Security by Using Group Policy Configuring Drive Encryption by Using BitLocker and MBAM
- Lab : Configuring File Encryption by Using EFS Implementing a Centrally Managed EFS Solution Verifying EFS Document Recovery
Capturing and Managing a Desktop Operating System Image This module describes how to use the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to create, capture, and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Lessons Overview of Windows ADK Managing Windows PE Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image Configuring and Managing Windows DS
- Lab : Preparing the Imaging and the Windows PE Environment Installing Windows ADK Configuring a Custom Windows PE Environment
- Lab : Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep Building a Custom Answer File Using Windows SIM Installing a Reference Computer by Using a Custom Answer File Generalizing a Reference Computer by Using Sysprep
- Lab : Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image Capturing a Reference System Image Servicing a Reference System Image
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows DS Planning the Windows Deployment Services Environment Installing and Configuring the Windows Deployment Services Server Role Capturing a Reference Image by Using Windows DS Deploying an Image by Using Windows DS
Planning and Implementing User State Migration This modules describes how to use the User State Migration Tool (USMT) to migrate appropriate user data and settings to a new desktop operating system.
- Lessons Overview of User State Migration Planning User State Migration by Using USMT Migrating User State by Using USMT
- Lab : Planning and Implementing User State Migration Planning for User State Migration Creating and Customizing the USMT XML Files Capturing and Restoring User State by Using USMT
- Lab : Migrating User State by Using Hard-Link Migration Performing a Hard-Link Migration by Using USMT
Planning and Deploying Desktops Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit This module describes how to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 to deploy Windows operating systems in lite touch installation scenarios.
- Lessons Planning for the LTI Environment Implementing MDT 2012 for LTI Integrating Windows DS with MDT
- Lab : Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using MDT Planning for the MDT LTI Environment Installing MDT 2012 and Prerequisites Creating and Configuring the MDT 2012 Deployment Share Deploying and Capturing a Reference Operating System Image Integrating Windows DS with MDT 2012 To Provide PXE-Boot Capabilities
Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager This describes how to use System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to implement a zero touch installation for deploying enterprise desktops.
- Lessons Planning the ZTI Environment Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment Building a Reference Image by Using a Configuration Manager Task Sequence Deploying Client Images by Using MDT Task Sequences
- Lab : Preparing the Environment for Operating System Deployment Planning the Operating System Deployment Infrastructure Preparing the ZTI Environment Configuring the Deployment Packages and System Images
- Lab : Performing a Zero-Touch Installation by Using MDT and Configuration Manager Performing a ZTI
Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure This module describes how to plan and implement session virtualization deployment and a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) based upon Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services.
- Lessons Overview of Remote Desktop Services Planning the Remote Desktop Services Environment Configuring a Virtual MachineBased Desktop Infrastructure Deployment Configuring a Session-Based Desktop Deployment Extending the Remote Desktop Services Environment to the Internet
- Lab : Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure Planning the Remote Desktop Services Environment Configuring a Virtual Machine-Based Desktop Infrastructure Scenario Configuring a Session-Based Desktop Scenario Configuring the RD Gateway Role Service
Managing User State Virtualization For Enterprise Desktops This module describes how to plan and configure user state virtualization to provide a consistent desktop client experience.
- Lessons Overview of User State Virtualization Planning User State Virtualization Configuring Roaming Profiles, Folder Redirection, and Offline Files Implementing UE-V
- Lab : Managing User State Virtualization for Enterprise Desktops Planning User State Virtualization Implementing User State Virtualization
Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise Desktops Students will be able to plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support both physical and virtual enterprise desktops.
- Lessons Planning an Updates Infrastructure for the Enterprise Supporting Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Managing Updates for Virtual Machines and Images Using Windows Intune for Managing Software Updates
- Lab : Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise Desktops Planning an Updates Infrastructure Preparing a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Site to Support Software Updates Determining Software Update Compliance Deploying Software Updates to Clients
Protecting Enterprise Desktops from Malware and Data Loss This module describes how to use System Center technologies such as Endpoint protection and Data Protection Manager (DPM) to protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Lessons Overview of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Configuring System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Client Settings and Monitoring Status Using Windows Intune Endpoint Protection Protecting Desktops by Using DPM
- Lab : Implementing Client Endpoint Protection Configuring the Endpoint Protection Point Configuring and Deploying Endpoint Protection Polices Configuring Client Settings to Support Endpoint Protection Monitoring Endpoint Protection
- Lab : Configuring Data Protection for Client Computer Data Configuring and Verifying Client Data Protection
Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop Infrastructure This module describes how to identify and monitor relevant services and components to ensure the health and performance of the enterprise desktop infrastructure.
- Lessons Performance and Health Monitoring for the Desktop Infrastructure Monitoring VDI
- Lab : Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop Infrastructure Configuring Performance and Reliability Monitoring of Desktops Configuring Operations Manager for Monitoring Virtual Environments