This course is intended for IT professionals and development operations (DevOps) professionals who are well versed in on-premises technologies and who have some knowledge of cloud technologies but want to learn more about integrating their on-premises environments with Azure. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields—typically, in the areas of on-premises system administration or network administration, in addition to DevOps support. These IT professionals have broadly applicable administration and operational skills, and they generally work for both enterprise-level organizations and small and medium business environments.
More specifically, the intended audience includes:
- IT professionals who have used on-premises virtualization technologies, including both Hyper-V and VMware platforms, but who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Azure.
- IT professionals who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate an on-premises server infrastructure.
- Windows and Linux administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises workloads and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who need to implement network connectivity between on-premises environments and services that Azure or Microsoft Office 365 hosts.
- IT professionals who want to use Azure to increase the resiliency and agility of their on-premises environments.
- DevOps personnel who are considering deploying hybrid solutions that consist of both cloud-based and on-premises components.
- IT professionals and DevOps personnel who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies,, who meet the course prerequisites, and how are looking to cross-train on Azure.
Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Overview of cloud computing and Azure
- Overview of the Azure deployment models
Lab : Use Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, and Microsoft Visual Studio to deploy and manage Azure resources
- Deploying Microsoft Azure VMs by using the Azure portal
- Deploying Azure VMs by using Azure PowerShell
- Creating and deploying an Azure Resource Manager deployment template
- Identify and delete newly deployed resources
Integrating with Azure Compute services
- Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
- Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
- Extending HPC workloads to Azure
- Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
Lab : Uploading an on-premises virtual disk file to Azure
- Preparing for an upload of a virtual disk file to Azure
- Uploading a virtual disk file to Azure
Lab : Moving containers between on-premises Hyper V virtual machines and Azure virtual machines
- Creating a Docker host by using Docker Machine
- Deploying a private Docker Registry in Azure
Integrating with Microsoft Azure virtual networks
- Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
- Extending on-premises networks to Azure
Lab : Implementing a point-to-site VPN by using Azure Resource Manager
- Preparing a Microsoft Azure subscription for implementing a point-to-site VPN
- Completing the point-to-site VPN setup
- Testing a point-to-site VPN from an on-premises virtual machine
Integrating with Azure Storage and data services
- Overview of Azure Storage and data services
- Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
Lab : Implementing the Azure Recovery Services agent-based backups
- Preparing your Microsoft Azure subscription for the implementation
- Configuring a virtual machine for Azure Recovery Services agent-based backups
- Testing the backup of the virtual machine files and folders
- Testing the restore of the virtual machine files and folders
Designing and implementing Azure Site Recovery solutions
- Overview of Site Recovery
- Planning for Site Recovery
- Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
Lab : Implementing protection of on-premises Hyper-V virtual machines in Azure by using Site Recovery
- Preparing your Microsoft Azure subscription for implementing Site Recovery
- Preparing your Hyper-V host for the implementation
- Configuring Site Recovery protection of a Hyper-V virtual machine
Designing and implementing cross-premises applications
- Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
- Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
Lab : Implementing Traffic Manager
- Creating two instances of an organizational website using the Web Apps feature of Azure App Service
- Creating and configuring an Azure Traffic Manager profile
- Testing the distribution of traffic targeting the Azure Traffic Manager profile
Integrating operations and application monitoring and management
- Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions
Lab : Implementing Azure Automation
- Creating and configuring an Operations Management Suite workspace
- Creating and configuring an Azure Automation account
- Configuring an on-premises computer as a Hybrid Runbook Worker
- Running a runbook on a Hybrid Runbook Worker and examining the outcome