Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution
This module introduces key features of a self-service BI solution.
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
This module describes the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
Lab : Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
Module 3: Operating Analysis Services
This module describes common analysis services operational tasks.
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
Lab : Configuring analysis services
Module 4: Supporting Analysis Services
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint server.
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
Lab : Supporting Analysis Services
Module 5: Operate and Support Reporting services
This module introduces users to Power Query. They will use this more in subsequent modules.
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
Lab : Installing reporting services
Module 6: Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
This module introduces PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
Lab : Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
Module 7: Operate and Support Power BI
This module introduces Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
Lab : Using Power BI