This 5-day course prepares you to lead VMware NSX® design and deployment projects by providing an understanding of general design processes and frameworks. You will look at design and deployment considerations for network virtualization as part of an overall software-defined data center design.
This course prepares you for the following certification: VCDX6-NV.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand and apply a design framework
- Apply a design process for gathering requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- Analyze existing physical networking and security components, processes, and operations
- Design a VMware vSphere® virtual data center to support VMware NSX requirements
- Design a physical network to support network virtualization in a software-defined data center
- Design logical network services
- Design logical security services
- Design a data center rack solution to support scalability and high availability
- Identify management, monitoring, and operational tools for a proposed solution
- Analyze the operational readiness of an organization and perform a skills gap analysis
- Analyze alternative design choices for risk mitigation