Hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288) enhances understanding of containers as a key technology for configuring and deploying applications and microservices. As the second course in the OpenShift development track, this offering will teach you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift cluster.
Whether you’re writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, you’ll learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.
- Manager and trigger application builds.
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image.
- Create an OpenShift template.
- Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability.
- Create and deploy a Jenkins pipeline for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Create and deploy cloud-native application for OpenShift.
Impact on the organization
As administrators and developers seek ways to improve application time to market for minimum viable products, containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Building on the container foundations set in Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180), this offering represents the first developer-focused OpenShift course. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by demonstrating the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
Impact on the individual
As a result of completing this course, you should be able to understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will also acquire these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multicontainer application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.