This course prepares for the Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level Certification.
This certification is intended for professionals who are working with mobile technology. The certification provides an insight into methods, techniques and tools a professional may use to test mobile applications. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing mobile projects or are working within companies that plan to do so. The certification provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required mobile project activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
A person with the Mobile Application Testing certificate will have extended the broad understanding of testing acquired at the Foundation Level to enable him or her to work effectively as a professional tester in a mobile application project.
Certified Mobile Application Testers who have passed the Foundation Level “Certified Mobile Application Testing” exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Understand and review business and technology drivers for mobile apps in order to create a test strategy
- Identify and understand the key challenges, risks and expectations associated with testing a mobile application
- Apply test types and levels specific to mobile applications.
- Apply common test types, such as those mentioned in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus, in the mobile specific context.
- Carry out the activities required specifically for mobile application testing as part of the main activities of the ISTQB® test process.
- Identify and use suitable environments and appropriate tools for mobile application testing.
- Understand methods and tools specifically to support mobile application test automation.
Exame de certificação dispinível com custo adicional.
Conheça os prazos limite para realização do exame de certificação.
Contacte-nos, caso tenha alguma específica sobre os exames.
Em parceria com a Rumos e com a entidade acreditada:
The Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level qualification is aimed at the following main groups of professionals:
- Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to acquire specific competence for testing mobile applications.
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession and would like to know more about the tester’s role when developing mobile applications.
- Professionals who are experienced in their role and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in mobile projects.
These professionals include people who are in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
This Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level certification may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the mobile testing world, such as project
managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
- Business and Technology Drivers
- Mobile Application Test Types
- Common Test Types and Test Process for Mobile Application
- Mobile Applications Platforms, Tools and Environment
- Automating the test Execution
Business and Technology Drivers
- Mobile Analytics Data
- Business Models for Mobile App
- Mobile Device Types
- Types of Mobile Applications
- Mobile Application Architecture
- Test Strategy for Mobile Apps
- Challenges of Mobile Application Testing
- Risks in Mobile Application Testing
Mobile Application Test Types
- Testing for Compatibility with Device Hardware
- Testing for Device Features
- Testing for Different Displays
- Testing for Device Temperature
- Testing for Device Input Sensors
- Testing Various Input Methods
- Testing for Typical Interrupts
- Testing for Access Permission to Device Features
- Testing for Power Consumption and State
- Testing for App Interaction with Software Device
- Testing for Notifications
- Testing for Quick Access
- Testing for OS-provided User Preferences
- Testing for Different types of Apps
- Testing for Inter-operability with Multiple platforms and OS versions
- Testing for Co-existence with other Apps on the Device
- Testing Various Connectivity Methods
Common Test Types and Test Process for Mobile Application
- Common Test Types Applicable for Mobile testing
- Installability Testing
- Security Testing
- Performance Testing
- Stress Testing
- Usability Testing
- Database Testing
- Globalization and Localization Testing
- Accessibility Testing
- Additional Test Levels applicable for Mobile Applications
- Field Testing
- Testing for Application Store Approval and Post-release Testing
- Experience-based Testing Techniques
- Personas and Mnemonics
- Tours and Heuristics
- Mobile App Specific Tours
- Session Based Test management
- Mobile Test Process
- Mobile Test Approaches
Mobile Applications Platforms, Tools and Environment
- Development Platforms for Mobile Applications
- Common Development Platform Tools
- Emulators & Simulators
- Overview of Emulators & Simulators
- Using Emulators and Simulators
- Setting up a Test Lab
Automating the test Execution
- Automation Approaches and Frameworks
- Automation Solutions for Mobile Application Testing
- Evaluation of Test Automation Tools for Mobile Applications
- Approaches Test Lab Creation