This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to implement automation for software projects. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development and quality assurance processes.
Real-world practical exercises reinforce learning objectives, strengthen the understanding and application of topics in the course and prepares participants for the exam.
Advanced Level testers who have passed the Advanced Test Automation Engineer exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
Exame de Certificação incluído
Em parceria com a Rumos e com a entidade acreditada:
- Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation.
- Identify technical success factors of a test automation project.
- Analyze a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution.
- Analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations.
- Understand “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods applicable to the SUT.
- Explain the structure of the Generic Test Automation Architecture.
- Analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution.
- Explain the factors to be considered when identifying reusability of components.
- Apply guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities.
- Analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies.
- Understand which factors support and affect maintainability.
- Classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness.
- Explain how a test execution report is constructed and published.
- Apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation.
- Understand the factors in transitioning from manual to automation testing.
- Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing, new feature testing, and confirmation testing.
- Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup.
- Verify the correct behaviour for a given automated test script and/or test suite.
- Analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement.