The Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) course helps you prepare for the Cisco DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles.
You will learn how to implement network applications using Cisco® platforms as a base, from initial software design to diverse system integration, as well as testing and deployment automation. The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have three to five years of experience designing and implementing applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
Please note this course is a combination of Instructor-Led and Self-Paced Study – 5 days in the classroom and approx 3 days of self study. The self-study content will be provided as part of the digital courseware that you recieve at the beginning of the course and should be part of your preparation for the exam.
This course will help you:
- Take full advantage of the network and software development practices when you implement applications to fulfill business needs
- Gain proficiency with applications, automation, and Cisco platforms
- Prepare for the 350-901 DEVCOR exam, which satisfies the core exam requirement toward Cisco Certified DevNet Professional, and earns Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist – Core
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application maintainability
- Describe the architectural traits and patterns that improve application serviceability
- Identify steps to design and build a ChatOps application
- Implement robust Representational State Transfer (REST) API integrations with network error handling, pagination, and error flow control
- Describe the necessary steps for securing user and system data in applications
- Describe the necessary steps for securing applications
- Identify common tasks in automated application release process
- Describe best practices for application deployment
- Describe methodologies for designing distributed systems
- Describe the concepts of infrastructure configuration management and device automation
- Utilize Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models to describe network configurations and telemetry
- Compare various relational and nonrelational database types and how to select the appropriate type based on requirements