Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration Classroom Training (CEPH125) helps you provide unified storage for enterprise servers and Red Hat® OpenStack Platform with Red Hat Ceph Storage. Learn to use a Ceph storage cluster to provide servers and cloud resources with object storage compatible with the Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift APIs, Ceph-native or iSCSI-based block storage, and file storage using CephFS.
This course is based on Red Hat Ceph Storage 3.0, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4/7.5, and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to deploy a software-defined storage system on commodity hardware, permitting distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant object, block, and file data storage. Such a deployment provides a storage infrastructure that can grow at the same pace as your compute infrastructure, allowing a gradual investment to accommodate business growth.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to deploy and operate a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster and configure it as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Explain the architecture of a Ceph cluster.
- Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible.
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
- Provide servers with storage from the Ceph cluster using block, object, and file-based access methods.
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.