Big Data on AWS (Amazon Web Services) introduces you to cloud-based big data solutions and Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), the AWS big data platform.
In this course, we show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Pig and Hive. We also teach you how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
- Understand Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- Understand the architecture of an Amazon EMR cluster
- Launch an Amazon EMR cluster using an appropriate Amazon Machine Image and Amazon EC2 instance types
- Choose appropriate AWS data storage options for use with Amazon EMR
- Know your options for ingesting, transferring, and compressing data for use with Amazon EMR
- Use common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR including Hive, Pig, and Streaming
- Work with Amazon Redshift to implement a big data solution
- Leverage big data visualization software
- Choose appropriate security options for Amazon EMR and your data
- Perform in-memory data analysis with Spark and Shark on Amazon EMR
- Choose appropriate options to manage your Amazon EMR environment cost-effectively
- Understand the benefits of using Amazon Kinesis for big data