Configure and manage network infrastructure using Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking
Red Hat Ansible for Network Automation Classroom Training (DO457) is designed for network administrators or infrastructure automation engineers who want to use network automation to centrally manage the switches, routers, and other devices in the organization’s network infrastructure.
This course is based on Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.5 and Red Hat® Ansible Tower 3.2.
Learn how to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to remotely automate configuration of network devices, test and validate the current network state, and perform compliance checks to detect and correct configuration drift.
- Install and configure Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking on a management system
- Use Ansible to run ad hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks for network automation
- Gather information about network infrastructure configuration and backup
- Automate specific network administration use cases, including configuration of routers and switches, ports, VLANs, SNMP monitoring, and routing protocols
- Use Ansible playbooks to target devices from various hardware vendors, including Cisco, Juniper, and Arista
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to implement a network automation solution that allows automated and consistent configuration of devices; validation of configuration and detection; remediation of configuration drift; and management of the automation solution. Such a deployment provides a network infrastructure that can be easily managed and rapidly updated even as it scales to a large number of devices. Using this network infrastructure, the organization can save cost, reduce downtime, and limit costly configuration errors.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to write Ansible playbooks and launch them to manage the routers, switches, and other devices in your network infrastructure. You will have experience with using Ansible to automate several common use cases and have a basic understanding of how to write playbooks that can target devices made by different network hardware vendors supported by Red Hat Ansible Automation.