In this workshop, you will work as a group to setup and configure a serverless architecture within Azure using a combination of Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Event Grid, Cosmos DB, and Azure Storage. The focus is on removing server management from the equation, breaking down the solution into smaller components that are individually scalable, and allowing the customer to only pay for what they use.
At the end of this workshop, you will have learned how to:
- use a series of Azure Functions that independently scale and break down business logic to discrete components,
- use computer vision algorithms within an Azure Function to accurately detect license plates in car images at scale,
- provision and use Cosmos DB as a highly available NoSQL data store for processed data,
- create a Logic App that contains a workflow to export processed license plates and conditionally send alerts based on successful or unsuccessful operation,
- use App Insights to monitor the serverless topology, observing how well the solution scales when under load,
- implement a Continuous Deployment DevOps process to automatically publish changes to Function Apps.