Deploying and Maintaining Server Images This module explains the functionality of Windows Deployment Services, and explains how to use Windows Deployment Services tools to perform lite-touch deployments.
- Lessons Overview of Windows Deployment Services Implementing Deployment with Windows Deployment Services Administering Windows Deployment Services
- Lab : Using Windows Deployment Services to Deploy Windows Server 2012 Installing and Configuring Windows Deployment Services Creating Operating System Images with Windows Deployment Services Configuring Custom Computer Naming Deploying Images with Windows Deployment Services
Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System This module explains how the Domain Name System (DNS) is the foundation name service in Windows Server 2012. It provides name resolution, and enables DNS clients to locate network services, such as AD DS domain controllers, global catalog servers, and messaging servers. If you configure your DNS infrastructure poorly, or it is not working correctly, these important network services will be inaccessible to your network servers and clients. Consequently, it is vital that you understand how to deploy, configure, manage, and troubleshoot this critical service.
- Lessons Installing the DNS Server Role Configuring the DNS Server Role Configuring DNS Zones Configuring DNS Zone Transfers Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
- Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS Configuring DNS Resource Records Configuring DNS Conditional Forwarding Configuring DNS Conditional Forwarding Troubleshooting DNS
Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services This module explains the new features, such as virtualized domain controller cloning, recent features like read-only domain controllers (RODCs), and a host of other features and tools that you can use in the AD DS environment.
- Lessons Overview of AD DS Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers Implementing RODC Administering AD DS Managing the AD DS Database
- Lab : Maintaining AD DS Installing and Configuring a RODC Configuring AD DS snapshots Configuring the Active Directory Recycle Bin
Managing User and Service Accounts This module explains how to manage large groups of user accounts, explain the different options available for providing adequate password security for accounts in your environment, and show you how to configure accounts to provide authentication for system services and background processes.
- Lessons Automating User Account Management Configuring Password-Policy and User-Account Lockout Settings Configuring Managed Service Accounts
- Lab : Managing User and Service Accounts Configuring Password-Policy and Account-Lockout Settings Creating and Associating a Managed Service Account
Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure This module explains Group Policy is, how it works, and how best to implement it in your organization.
- Lessons Introducing Group Policy Implementing and Administering Group Policy Objects (GPOs) Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
- Lab : Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure Creating and Configuring GPOs Managing GPO Scope Verifying GPO Application Managing GPOs
Managing User Desktops with Group Policy This module explains how to configure Administrative Templates.
- Lessons Implementing Administrative Templates Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts Configuring Group Policy Preferences Managing Software with Group Policy
- Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy Implementing Settings by Using Group Policy Preferences Configuring Folder Redirection
Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access This module explains how to configure and secure your remote access clients by using network.
- Lessons Configuring Network Access Configuring Virtual Private Network (VPN) Access Overview of Network Policies Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access Configuring DirectAccess
- Lab : Configuring Remote Access Configuring a VPS Server Configuring VPN Clients
- Lab : Configuring DirectAccess Configuring the DirectAccess Infrastructure Configuring the DirectAccess Clients Verifying the DirectAccess Configuration
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role This module explains how to install, configure, and troubleshoot Network Policy Server (NPS).
- Lessons Installing and Configuring a NPS Configuring Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Clients and Servers NPS Authentication Methods Monitoring and Troubleshooting a NPS
- Lab : Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server Installing and Configuring NPS to Support RADIUS Configuring and Testing a RADIUS Client
Implementing Network Access Protection This module explains how to create customized health requirement policies to validate computer health before allowing access or communication with NAP.
- Lessons Overview of Network Access Protection Overview of NAP Enforcement Processes Configuring NAP Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
- Lab : Implementing NAP Configuring NAP Components Configuring VPN Access Configuring the Client Settings to Support NAP
Optimizing File Services This module explains how to use File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) to place quotas on storage volumes, screen files and folders, generate comprehensive storage reports, control the file classification infrastructure, and use file management tasks to perform scheduled actions on sets of files.
- Lessons Overview of FSRM Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports Implementing Classification and File Management Tasks Overview of Distributed File System (DFS) Configuring DFS Namespaces Configuring and Troubleshooting Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Lab : Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using FSRM Configuring FSRM Quotas Configuring File Screening and Storage Reports
- Lab : Implementing DFS Installing the DFS Role Service Configuring a DFS Namespace Configuring DFS-R
Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing This module describes how to use Windows Server 2012 tools to help you to provide increased file system security on your servers.
- Lessons Encrypting Files by Using Encrypting File System Configuring Advanced Auditing
- Lab : Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing Encrypting and Recovering Files Configuring Advanced Auditing
Implementing Update Management This module introduces key features of the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server role.
- Lessons Overview of WSUS Deploying Updates with WSUS
- Lab : Implementing Update Management Implementing the WSUS Server Role Configuring Update Settings Approving and Deploying an Update by Using WSUS
Monitoring Windows Server 2012 This module explains how to improve performance using performance monitoring tools to identify components that require additional tuning and troubleshooting.
- Lessons Monitoring Tools Using Performance Monitor Monitoring Event Logs
- Lab : Monitoring Windows Server 2012 Establishing a Performance Baseline Identifying the Source of a Performance Problem Viewing and Configuring Centralized Event Logs