This four-day instructor-led course provides students who manage and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to performance tune and optimize their databases.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server and its various components.
- Describe the SQL Server execution model, waits and queues.
- Describe core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks and performance testing.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to data files for user databases and TempDB.
- Describe architectural concepts and best practices related to Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels and Locking.
- Describe architectural concepts of the Optimizer and how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios and best practices related to Plan Cache.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting strategy and usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify and diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance.